Friday, November 11, 2011
And today, Judah is back at school (after almost a week of illness), Dan is at work, and I am at home, watching Glee with a cup of better belly tea and a sweet potato pastry. The sun is shining, the absolutely gorgeous autumn leaves are wiggling around right outside the living room window, and it is warm and cozy on the couch. I have so many things to be grateful for. I have decided to revisit that whole gratitude list idea that I worked on in the spring to focus on the moment and the positive, instead of lingering on how I wish things were...
(these are in no particular order)
I am grateful for...
1. a nearby H Mart and Paris Baguette Cafe, fully stocked with all of the yummy (and slightly healthy) treats a girl could want.
2. the gift of watching my 4 1/2 year old learn to read.
3. my very thoughtful husband, who works so hard to make me happy.
5. parents who are willing and able to help me (and babysit) in any way humanly possible.
6. supportive friends - people who genuinely care about me.
7. that meditation cushion upstairs calling my name.
8. a driveway (not having to look for a parking spot on my block).
9. access to adequate health care for my family
10. farm share - fresh, organic, green foods every week...
11. clean sheets on all beds.
What are you grateful for today?