Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thanks a Bunch

Genius!  I am grateful for Wegman's.
I am begrudgingly writing my list this evening.  Let me explain.

I like to plan.  I like to be prepared.  To Do Lists, calendars, schedules, outlines, wipe-off message boards, post-it notes, a fully-stocked basement pantry - these are all my close friends.  And especially now, that I am beginning to feel like a semi-functioning adult again, I am enjoying the routines that I've established to keep a rhythm going throughout each week.

This is not to say I haven't learned about losing control or having to deal with uncertainty.  I have (at least that's for sure).  I don't know if I'm really better at not knowing what lies ahead, but I feel that I am the tiniest better at breathing through the anxiety that accompanies the unknown.

That being said, my patience is being tested this week.  We'll just leave it at that.

Right at this moment (or maybe a few hours ago), I am grateful for...

1.  Happy people on the street.  It's easier to feel happy when people around you are smiling.
2.  ACUPUNCTURE.  Tonight I was told my pulses all felt really good and my acupuncturist was thrilled that I am "on the other side".
3.  Optimistic friends.  Although I often have a challenging time putting a positive spin on frustrating situation, there are some people I consistently count on to do it for me.
4.  Tivo.  It gives me more time to do things besides watch tv.  Instead of arranging my evenings around (a few, high quality) programs, I can watch them at MY convenience, without the irritating commercials.
5.  Dinner made by my excellent husband.  Buckwheat noodles, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic and cottage cheese, with a spinach/strawberry salad.  I am hungry again just thinking about it.

I feel better now.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment