Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recovering from Round 2

Just a quick note to keep you up to date. I am resting on my favorite couch spot (best TV sightline) and currently watching Thomas and Friends with Judah.

Today was a few degrees better than yesterday which was full of a generally crappy feeling. I did shower (hooray!), eat 3 meals (eggs, cinnamon toast crunch and even chicken and corn on the cob!) and snacks (watermelon, potato chips and soft pretzel), and I took my (yucky tasting) predinisone, as directed. So, I am eating, contrary to popular belief, mostly to try to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth (one of the side effects of my chemo drugs is taste disturbance).

On a side note, I want to send a big blanket THANK YOU to everyone who has sent packages, cards, supportive messages, and made and sent delicious DINNERS! We all appreciate you more than words could say. Not having been able to write individual thank you notes has been very difficult for me, as showing appreciation for others' kindnesses has always been important to me. Just know that the thank you's will come, just as soon as I can write them.

Keep voting on the wigs you like!

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. To help with the yucky taste, try using plastic utensils...I've heard it really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete