Some days this is more challenging than others, finding something (beyond the glaringly obvious) to remember to appreciate. And I think those are the times it's more important to dig deep and verbalize the amazing blessings many of us are lucky enough to receive - like good health, finding love, having a job, growing hair. I think it has the power to help me keep perspective for when the going gets rough.
So I thought I would begin a gratitude log. Each day for the next week, I will come up with at least 5 things I am grateful for (it can be more). I will post them here and I encourage you to try it also, either privately or feel free to post in the comments section.
Tonight, I am grateful for...
1. completing the meditation class. I really did learn a lot about myself and about how to let my body and my breath lead the way.
2. hummus. I never met a hummus I didn't like.
3. a tidy house. I always feel better after the countertop is wiped down.
4. my roommates (both 2 and 4 legged). I love typing away while listening to the sleeping breath rhythm coming from different sides of my bedroom.
5. time. I am so lucky that I have the time that I need to heal from this past year. There are many (too many) people dealing with cancer who do not - financially or otherwise - have that freedom. I don't want to call it a luxury because it's really a necessity.
Okay, your turn.