Thursday, June 23, 2011

Exhale

Doesn't it look lover-ly?
I tried to pick one letter of the alphabet to help me focus on, but I just couldn't do it.  I'll blame my jumpy mind on the leftover meds from yesterday's bronchoscopy. 

Anyway, the preliminary results are in (and Dr. Henry called at 8 on the dot to share them).  So far, the microbiology stains are negative for cancerous cell growth and infection.  He felt confident enough to use the term "continued remission" and did not sound concerned at all by the fact that these results were just prelims.  Hallelujah and Thank You Very Much.

This begs the question, what IS wrong with me?  I mean, what's causing the shortness of breath, fatigue, lightheadedness, etc.?  He says we will give the samples a few more days to cook, and check back on Tuesday for any signs of infection.  If they remain negative, I will probably have to go on the pukey P for a while to reduce the inflammation.  I promise I won't complain (a lot).  While it destroys my stomach and makes me crabby, I much prefer it to any number of alternatives.  Regardless, Hawaii does have pharmacies and they even accept US currency, or so I'm told.  We can handle it from the sandy beach.  Gee, now that I think of it, I hope AT&T has good coverage on the islands...

In any case, we are now free to hula, mai-tai and pina colada out the wazoo.  Mahalo to all of you for your positive energy, hopes and prayers (and of course, for your Shutterfly votes back in March - can you believe this really happens??).  This has been Scanxiety:  The Extended and Melodramatic Version.  Meet me back here in 3 months and we'll do it all over again. 


Aloha!

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. When I saw your first FB post about these preliminary results last night, my heart did one of those quick leaping beats that makes you slightly dizzy for a minute and then puts a happy lump in your throat. So, so relieved and happy for you. Have a wonderful time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best news. Go enjoy yourselves! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun! No one deserves it more than you and your wonderful family. So happy to hear your results! Have an extra fruity drink for me!

    ReplyDelete